Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tools at your disposal.

While dealing with an estranged married couple that kept sending texts to each other in which they alluded to threats of suicide recently, I found myself wishing that I had John Shirley and a swiming pool handy.

If you're using suicide as a tool to get your loved one's attention, then you are a manipulative, emotional bully, no matter how meek you may otherwise be.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Friday, March 13, 2009 2:09:00 PM, Blogger Assrot said...

I feel for you dealing with nitwits like that Matt. I used to live next to a couple that were constantly fighting and threatening suicide.

The man was a drunk and the woman was a gold digging coke-head. I heard them screaming at the cops one evening about how they were going to commit suicide.

I yelled out the window "Get 'er done. We all need the relief." The cops got a smile out of that and hauled them both off on what they call a "Baker Act" down here.

You folks in blue don't get paid nearly enough. I would not do your job for 3 times your pay.

Good luck. May you go home safe to your family every day.

Joe

P.S. - I read John's post about the swimming pool. That made my day. It's been a rough week for me.

 
At Friday, March 13, 2009 7:30:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

That is just pathetic Matt, Using the threats to suicide sure as hell won't help those people, and it's got to create a whole bunch of side issues for those on the outside of the problem.

 
At Friday, March 13, 2009 9:29:00 PM, Blogger Robert Langham said...

I had a good friend who decided to kill himself over his cheating wife. He even had the details worked out to gas himself in his garage. I fed-exed him a loaded .45acp. He straightened up, but I was fully prepared to go to his memorial service and say "He shot himself for love. Who among us wouldn't do the same?"

Or something. Glad to get my gun back un-used.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.