Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Bad casting, in my mind.

Johnny Depp is being cast for a new Lone Ranger movie.

Yeah, this guy;
They couldn't find someone who looked a little less comfortable in mascara and eyeliner?

Apparently, someone in Disney had second thoughts about it, but it's back on.

I'll never under understand Hollywood thinking.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 14, 2011 6:24:00 PM, Blogger zeeke42 said...

If you judge by one role, sure, but Depp is one of the most versatile actors of his generation. Have you seen Public Enemies, for example?

 
At Wednesday, December 14, 2011 6:27:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Depp is a talented chameleon. I wouldn't be surprised if he can pull it off. Besides, won't he be wearing a mask? Who knows, maybe he's been on the lookout for a role that doesn't display his prettiness. Pffft. Maybe.

 
At Wednesday, December 14, 2011 7:45:00 PM, Blogger Comrade Misfit said...

And here I thought you were going to riff on the casting of Katherine Heigl in "One for the Money".

(Or in any other movie, for that matter.)

 
At Thursday, December 15, 2011 9:18:00 AM, Blogger Ambulance Driver said...

Oh, I dunno. Depp's a pretty talented actor.

For example, could you have foreseen Jeff Bridges as Rooster Cogburn, after watching him as The Dude in the Big Lebowski?

 
At Thursday, December 15, 2011 4:14:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

Yeah, yeah, I knew that would get thrown up in my face.

But Bridges hasn't spent half his career perfecting his eyeliner technique. . .

 
At Sunday, December 18, 2011 9:37:00 PM, Blogger Rabbit said...

Dad was friends with Clayton Moore, so naturally I met the man on numerous occasions. He may have been "just an actor", but he was one of the most decent, honorable men I've ever met, and I've met a lot that would fit that statement.

Depp is obviously a talented actor, but I don't think he could shine Mr. Moore's spurs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.