Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Thursday, December 08, 2011

Thursday afternoon thoughts.

--Why is the ATF SWAT team responding to a cop shooting at Virginia Tech? That's a local crime.

-- I'm surprised that I've only seen 29 of these 100 so-called cult movies. And some of them seem strange for "cult movies." Piranha? (saw it in the theatre as a kid) Superstar? Really? (Never saw it. Am I missing something?) How many have y'all seen? You'd be amazed at the gaps in my moviewatching history.

--Folks are worked up about the fires in the Chevy Volt electric that sometimes occur from the batteries a week or two after a major crash. This is worse than a gasoline-powered cars why, exactly? I've been to some humdingers of some fires after petrol-powered autos cracked up, and sometimes the driver have had trouble getting out* after the wreck.

--I was chatting with Stingray and Vine the other evening, and we agree that this is one of the best examples of the "mashup" genre of music that we've ever seen. As I've mentioned, Joan Jett was an early love of mine, and this "fanfaroff" guy (if he's the producer of the mashup) does a nice job of matching the hooks of some popular music. I can't figure in the RATM contribution in the bit, though.

--Appropos of nothing, what kind of computer is that with the faux wood cabinet used by the Eurythmics at 1:05 of this mashup vidjo, right after it is declared that it's Hammer Time?

--My geeky friend Susan (whose daddy really was a rocket scientist in the 50's and 60's, when they got to do cool stuff) pointed out this T-shirt as one she'd like to wear every seven years. I pointed out that someone who wore such a shirt had best know the ins and outs of what it entailed, and pointed her to this informative short documentary.

--That fanfaroff guy really does seem to have something.

______________________________________
*No, not because "the seat belt trapped them." Usually it was because of injuries sustained in the wreck, which a seat belt would have helped to prevent, along with doors and windows failing to open after the wreck.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Thursday, December 08, 2011 7:09:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

I'm not even going to tell you how many of those movies I haven't seen... You may have gaps, I've got canyons...

 
At Thursday, December 08, 2011 9:09:00 PM, Blogger Xander said...

From the list of so-called cult movies - "Manos, the Hands of Fate"

My question: Does the Mystery Science Theater 3000 version count?

 
At Thursday, December 08, 2011 10:01:00 PM, Blogger Matt G said...

I should hope so, Unknown, because that's how I managed to count Plan 9 From Outer Space.

 
At Friday, December 09, 2011 2:20:00 AM, Blogger J.R.Shirley said...

You're really loving bullet points lately, I see.

 
At Friday, December 09, 2011 8:23:00 AM, Blogger Tam said...

I count 18, if we're counting movies that I actually sat there and watched... (although It's A Wonderful Life and The Sound of Music and Invasion of the Body Snatchers were all over thirty years ago and only dimly remembered.)

I did not claim credit for several, such as Plan 9, Rocky Horror, and the various John Waters flicks, that I have been present at parties when they were playing in the room, but I just didn't fall in with the group watching the TeeWee, so I've only seen snatches.

 
At Friday, December 09, 2011 7:02:00 PM, Blogger TOTWTYTR said...

A little too much elicitation in the store my friend. :)

Good technique, though.

 
At Saturday, December 10, 2011 12:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not ATF SWAT, but what looks like several agents who carry their vests and gear with them in their cars. You really believe they issue jeans as uniform gear?

Besides, if I get shot in the line of duty, I want every gun-toting MF for three states showing up to help.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.