Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Femtophotography.

I've always been impressed with the 1/millionth second photography. Bullets through apples, milk splashing, stuff like that. It's still amazing.

But it hadn't occurred to me how we could use lasers and digital cameras hooked up to serious computer processing to take faster pictures.

We can view images of light passing through small semi-transparent substrates in realtime perceptible time.

Watch this video, and be awed:

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Friday, October 19, 2012 4:15:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Neat, and it WILL change how we look at things...

 
At Saturday, October 20, 2012 11:21:00 PM, Blogger charlotte g said...

And next time, warn us that this takes as long as a NOVA presentation, so I can get comfortable. But it is fascinating.

 
At Sunday, October 21, 2012 11:36:00 PM, Anonymous Jim K. said...

I had thought, when I saw an 11 minute video, that I would be quickly bored. I was wrong. This is spectacular. Of course, the solider in me immediately considered applications for room clearing...

 
At Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:57:00 AM, Anonymous Evyl Robot Michael said...

Woah. Mind blown.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.