Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Late October. I won't tell you.

This month has thus far been pretty good, but I won't tell you about it.

--I could tell you about the three-day whistle-stop tour of Blogorado 5, where I had the best time with (roommate) A.D. and JPG and Gay Cynic and Tamara and FarmGirl and FarmFam and Old NFO and Stingray and Scribbler and DirtSailor and ERDoc and Scribbler and all the rest, but I won't. We had a great time.

--I could tell you about the drunk who wanted to fight me but I wouldn't let him, or the other drunk who called me an asshole the whole way to the jail and all through book-in, but I won't.

--I could tell you about the wrecks that I worked wearing each my fireman and my police hats, but I won't.

--I could tell you about the injury, and the recovery, and the costs, but I won't.

--I could tell you about the house repairs and the cars, and the expenses and such, but I won't.

--I suppose that I could tell about the kids, and their accomplishments, failures, and lessons learned, and their doings at the school and in their clubs... but I won't.

--I could talk about new laws and politics and such, but I  won't.

--Work squabbles I never much have written about. And still won't.

--I could talk about gun projects and successes and failures, but I won't.

--I could talk about the busy family weekend coming up, but I won't right here and now.  Maybe later.

It is a good month, and there are drawbacks and successes. But I shall choose to see that things are getting Better and Better.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At Thursday, October 24, 2013 1:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you said that it was late September, I thought you were going to break into an off tune rendition of Maggie May (Rod Stewart sang it, for the young whipper-snappers among us).

BCFD 36

 
At Saturday, October 26, 2013 9:11:00 AM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Yep, fun was had, and some stories ARE better left unsaid... :-)

 
At Sunday, October 27, 2013 4:50:00 PM, Anonymous Greg Tag said...

Matt

Thanks for checking in. Start to worry with no ocassional SITREP.

Regards

GKT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.