Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

The best month.

This is the best time of the year. It was 47 degrees this morning, and will be a high of 79 this afternoon. The leaves are green. What breeze there is is mild. Not a cloud in the sky.

We made it through the long death march of summer.

My okra are producing. My squash are producing. My tomatoes and peppers are... well, the PLANTS are flourishing, but they're not making much in the way of fruit (I think that I've got a soil imbalance that I need to correct).  My green beans and peas are going great guns. The pecan trees are laden with nuts that will probably open in early December.

I don't sweat everywhere I go. I'm about to switch to a larger off-duty pistol.

We've got outdoor projects that I will actually attend to.

October is my birth month, and I celebrate it the whole danged month.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 08, 2013 12:05:00 PM, Blogger Home on the Range said...

May your birthday be as grand as the rest of the month.

 
At Tuesday, October 08, 2013 6:15:00 PM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Yep, good times! And Happy Birthday! :-)

 
At Wednesday, October 09, 2013 11:44:00 AM, Blogger The Scribbler said...

October is probably my single favorite month, for much the same reasons, except that up in Illinois, October is leaf month. The trees turn gorgeous, the weather becomes cool but not cold, and it's just fabulous. It's my birth month too.

 
At Wednesday, October 09, 2013 7:20:00 PM, Blogger TOTWTYTR said...

Coincidentally, this is the best time of year in my neck of the woods. Temperature not quite as warm during the day, but pretty much the same at night.

If I could find a place where the weather was like that year round, I'd move there.

 
At Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tomatoes and peppers got too much nitrogen, everything goes to green growth and not much fruit.
Try a low-nitrogen fertilizer next season, or maybe just a little Epsom salts (magnesium is great for tomatoes).

 
At Monday, October 14, 2013 9:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My bd is also this month. Happy Birthday!

 
At Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:00:00 AM, Blogger Earl said...

The whole danged month! Now the next step is the whole danged season, or are you going to do the whole year?

I would go for every day, but then I am older than much of your garden dirt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.