Better And Better

If you don't draw yours, I won't draw mine. A police officer, working in the small town that he lives in, focusing on family and shooting and coffee, and occasionally putting some people in jail.

Thursday, November 28, 2013

For all these things, we give thanks.

Too much food. A genuine feast.
9 people around a long table, telling stories.
An olive tray.
Deviled eggs.
A well-baked turkey.
HUGE salad tossed by my brother.
A second pan of rebaked potatoes, with too much butter and sour cream and bacon and cheese and chives.
Rolls and bread baked by The 11 Year Old In The House, with guests fighting to take some of the few remainders home.
Dressing. Gravy.
Cider. Coffee.
Green bean casserole.
Pie, pie, cake, muffins, bars, pie.... I'm missing something, but that's 6 deserts, and the muffins actually stole the show, strangely. Mini pecan muffins with too much butter.

All with a broken oven in our house.

I'm missing some stuff.

I got a call from a good friend at the end of dinner.

It's tempting to feel sorry for those who don't have what we had. But today, I just give thanks for the blessing of riches. I have a family. I have friends that I think of like family. Even my kids have friends that I think of like family. If that's not a thing to give thanks for, I don't know what is.

I've got to start taking in Thanksgiving orphans. We had too much. But it was wonderful.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Friday, November 29, 2013 8:55:00 AM, Blogger Old NFO said...

Sounds like a great time Matt! Glad it went well, the oven not withstanding...

 
At Friday, November 29, 2013 11:24:00 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Glad it was a good one!

 
At Friday, November 29, 2013 3:10:00 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Thanks for praising my muffins. They have been a hit wherever I've taken them. It's always a pleasure to cook for my family, the praise just makes it better. Thanks for having us all over.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites
.